> Change the DTD declaration at the top of your
> struts-config.xml to the 1.2 version. Sorry got to run.

Argghh!! I didn't see the parsing error message that landed on the app
log, not the server console. I had put in:

<message_resources parameter="freqs" null="false"/>

Putting an underscore between "message" and "resources" instead of a
hyphen. Put the hyphen in, redeployed (no parsing error messages this
time).

Presto! The error messages appear on the error page, where they're
supposed to.

Many thanks for the time you spent on this, Niall.

--
Tim Slattery
[EMAIL PROTECTED]