Mark Lowe wrote:
May I +1000 what steve said, I'm all for a bit of digression, but this
thread has narrowed the sematic gap between "to post" and "to smear"..

What smear? Do you mean "smear" as in "slander"? Could you be more explicit about this? I think you ought to clarify what you mean by that statement or retract it.

I asked Steve Raeburn the same question I have asked before. The question is as follows:

"If your project management practices are so great, how come Struts development stagnated to such an extent?"

The stagnation is not a matter of legitimate debate now. They have had to bring in Webwork, a competing project developed outside of ASF, so that they could have something more up-to-date to offer under the "Struts" brand-name.

Why should I not ask that question? Because these people find it embarassing? Well, that's tough cookies, eh? Is that what you're talking about when you say a "smear"? I'm satisfied that this is a completely fair question. It's also a tough question, but it's 100% fair and it's 100% on-topic to this discussion.

I don't see any reason for these people to refuse to answer it. It's a natural question when people insist that their approach to project management is beyond reproach.

Jonathan Revusky