Hi Leon,

Spring: Well, our app started as a single jvm version and I used Spring
(and will continue to do so) because it's an incredibly powerful, easy
to use yet unobtrusive framework. You get transaction support, aop,
hibernate/ibatis and support and DI by simply declaring it in your
config file. And the best thing - it actually works - right from the start.

Apart from that, I don't know anything about Corba and I do NOT think
that my boss would approve if I switched to a technology that none of
our developers has ever used, especially since we're getting close to
the deadline for our project. :o)

Is RMI performance really that poor? I mean compared to SOAP it still
should be much faster, right? What kind of performance hit are we
actually talking about? Do you have any numbers for Corba/RMI/SOAP ?

Regards,
Tom