From: Angelo zerr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 1:47 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: - Design Issue with Struts Validation

Hi,

Me, I use DispatchAction, and I prefer call validate in my action,
instead of struts launch automaticaly validate (validate="true" in
action). So in my struts-config, I have just one mapping for an action
(I set validate="false"). After in my dispatchAction I design my
DispatchAction with several dispatch :

* display dispatch which load data which must be all time loaded (when
you arrive for the first time in the page and  after an error). Usually
this date are list used in html:select. My dispatch return ActionForward
to my JSP. All my dispatch in this action (load, create, update,...)
call this dispatch.

* load dispatch which load data (but not list for the combo). This
dispatch is called just at first time. For example if you have UPDATE
form, you want load the record to fill the form.

* create/update... dispatch which validate form, and if there is error,
return to display dispatch, otherwise save data in my Database, and
after call load dispatch to reload record comming from database.

I created an OpenSource project which design Actions Struts with
display/load/ dispatch. It's an application whith
Struts/Hibernate/Spring and AJAX called GestCV. If you want you can go
at http://gestcv.sourceforge.net/index.html  to download it.

If you can read Frensh, I explained this design to
http://gestcv.sourceforge.net/fr/architecture/struts.html#Action Struts.
I'm sorry, it's in frensh, but I will translate it in english soon.

Regards
Angelo