chamal desilva wrote:
Dear Scott ,

Thanks for your reply.
"If you're viewing the second account, why would you
need data for the first account? If it's a problem of losing the customer ID for the "

I need the first account data because it is in the
Vector of Customer bean. So the first item(Account) of
vector will be reset when struts reset the data.

Thanking You,
Chamal.
Can you simply load it into the bean again? Typically when I set something up like this (parent child relationship, where selecting a parent lists the children, and you can click on each child), I'll have actions like ShowAccountsAction and ShowAccountAction. I use a ShowCustomerForm, which takes a customer ID, and this form is passed to the ShowAccountsAction, which populates the array so the subsequent page can list the accounts. When you click on an account, the ShowAccountAction gets called, and is passed in a ShowAccountForm (which has an account ID). The ShowAccountAction populates the bean with a single account.

When the account is shown, because of the parent-child relationship, I can provide a "Back" button which will re-populate the ShowCustomerForm with the customer ID (looked up through the account ID), and the account list will be displayed again. By separating everything, you don't have to worry about what you keep in memory. Struts calls the reset() method on your form bean because it wants to use the form for something else. So separate everything out and you won't have to worry about keeping the whole list of accounts in a bean across page requests.

- Scott