Everything is working except the email and url validator.

Scott Van Wart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  A. Lotfi wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to learn Struts validator, in the validator-rules.xml :

The validator-rules.xml specifies what validators are available to you.
You typically want to leave this alone. All your validation happens in
the validation.xml file. You specify rules in this file (such as
required, email, etc.), but rarely do you ever edit validator-rules.xml,
unless you download other special validators from somewhere, or write
your own.
> in validation.xml :
> > depends="email">
>

> > depends="email">

If you intended to use the "required" validator (which ensures a field
is entered), you'll want to add it to your list of "depends":

I suspect you didn't want to use the "email" validator on the "url", as
urls are not e-mail addresses.

> when I submit the form with correct data it does not submit I stay in the
> same jsp page with a black dot in the top left of the page.
>
> Could you please help me.
> thank you.
Your form needs to submit to an action,

Submit

and you need to have this action mapped in your struts-config.xml,
with a form bean:

and an action class:

scope="request" validate="true" input="myform.jsp">

HTH,
Scott