On 6/13/06, vivek maheshwari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hello friends,
  this is vivek maheshwari
  currently working on JSF /Shale,
  i know how presentation Layer(view part) directly interect with model
via backing bean,
  but by doing thing ,i think it 'll break the rules of MVC,
  that why i want to use servlets as controller, JSF as view and EJB as
model classes.
   But i have no idea how to use it?
  kindly provide me names of some reference book
  as well as some links showing examples abt this type of architecture.
  or help me abt ur views regarding my prob.
  thanks and regards

JSF has a global request processing lifecycle similar to what you see in
Struts or other MVC-based frameworks, but it also supports the "View Helper"
design pattern where you have an individual controller (the backing bean)
for each view, or page.  The role of this backing bean is pretty much the
same as an ActionForm+Action in Struts (or an Action in WebWork) ... it's an
adapter between the HTTP request and the business logic.

For more on this pattern, I'd recommend reading its description from the
online pattern repository from the book Core J2EE Patterns:

 http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/ViewHelper.html

The rest of the patterns in the book make good reading too ... a chart of
how they all relate to each other is at:

 http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/index.html

Craig