From: Sony Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 1:09 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: ajax:autocomplete tag

Hi,

I am a newbie in ajax. I want to use ajax in my application. Let me explain my requirement :

when I enter a character in the text field i have to call an action. Inside my action i have to load all the users and send it back to jsp so that I can display.

I am able to call the action class from my jsp. But my problem is how will I set the list of users to response.Can anyone help me please ????

What to do in my action to show the Userlist in jsp ? Please it is very urgent ????

Here is my jsp code :

<form action="taskSave">
<input id="username" name="username" type="text" size="30" class="form-autocomplete" />
</form>
<ajax:autocomplete
      baseUrl="/enterpriseUI/userAjaxComplete.do"
      source="username"
      target="username"
      parameters="username={username}"
      className="testcomplete"
      minimumCharacters="1"/>

Here is my Action class code :

public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) { logger.info("********** Inside ajaxAutoCompleteAction ********** ");
        try{
          ArrayList usersList = (ArrayList)UserManager.loadAll();
// return new AjaxXmlBuilder().addItems(usersList, "model", "make").toString();
        }catch(BusinessObjectException e){
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        return mapping.findForward("success");
    }

Thanks in advance

Sony Thomas

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group
cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.
This email message has been virus checked by the anti virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.