Newbie,

I'm using Shale with tiger.

JSP, subscribe (example from somewhere) that does a save. All this works fine, but I made a change so that the return should send it to a "Success" page. <navigation-rule>
   <from-view-id>/subscribe.jsp</from-view-id>
   <navigation-case>
       <from-outcome>success</from-outcome>
       <to-view-id>/success.jsp</to-view-id>
   </navigation-case>
 </navigation-rule>

I kept getting a 500 error:
12:11:39,292 ERROR [faces]:253 - Servlet.service() for servlet faces threw exception java.lang.IllegalStateException: No WebApplicationContext found: no ContextLoaderListener registered?

I then created a Success bean
@Bean(name="success", scope= Scope.SESSION)
@View
public class Success
{
}

And then everything worked. Do I always need a View behind my jsp's or am I doing something wrong?

@Bean(name="subscrHandler", scope = Scope.REQUEST)
public class SubscriberHandler {
   @Value("#{subscribe}")
   private Subscriber subscriber;

   public void setSubscriber(Subscriber subscriber) {
       this.subscriber = subscriber;
   }

   public String saveSubscriber( ) {
       subscriber.save( );