I tried that. There is no output from log4j to the daily catalina.log files.

However, taking another path, I created a new (and much simpler) log4j.xml
file. Using this new file, I now see the following log file created
'C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 5.5\logs\uwaf-debug.log'.
So... progress!

However, the log file contains nothing. None of my info or debug statements
were printed to the file. It's blank. What did I do wrong now?
Any ideas??

Thanks,

Darren

(log4j.xml)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/";>

  <appender name="DEBUG" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
    <param name="File" value="logs/uwaf-debug.log" />
    <param name="Threshold" value="DEBUG" />
      <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d{ISO8601} %-5p %c - %m%n"/>
    </layout>
  </appender>

  <logger name="com.uwaf">
    <level value="debug"/>