On 8/10/06, James Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Looks like I'll have some time this weekend to work on this.  And so
I wanted to get some feedback on this process.  How do we want to do
this?

Are both Retrotranslator and Retroweaver necessary for full 1.4
compatibility?  Or will using just 1 suffice?

AFAIK, RetroTranslator should be sufficient.

Do we use these from
the command line or with a Maven plugin or should use antrun maven
plugin to do it?

I just filtered the JARs from the command line. I suppose the Maven
plugin would work too. I think it might be best to keep this a
separate JAR distribution and make the "cannonical" target Java 5.

In any case, what is the targeted output for all of this?

I uploaded the test distribution from August 2 to my home directory.

* http://people.apache.org/~husted/struts2-core-j4-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT-20060801.zip

http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/nightlies/
    /2.0.x/struts2-j14-api-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT-20060804.jar
    /2.0.x/struts2-j15-api-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT-20060804.jar

I'd keep the J4 as a "special" distribution and leave J5 as the
default. So I'd say keep what we got as it is, and just add the ZIP
with a translated J4 JARs.

I think for now, I'll add this process manually (as part of my
nightly bash script) and then we can work out the details later.

--
James Mitchell
678.910.8017