Hi,

I'm using ActionMessages stored in the session to display messages on a page and
everything works splendidly except that the messages never get removed from the
session so every time the user re-enters the page old messages get redisplayed.
After a bit of digging around, this appears to be because I am using my own keys
(instead of Globals.MESSAGE_KEY and Globals.ERROR_KEY) so the RequestProcessor's
processCachedMessages method doesn't clear out the messages.

How have other people got around this? Is the simplest/cleanest option to
subclass RequestProcessor and override the processCachedMessages method to
remove any attribute that is an instance of ActionMessages and that has
isAccessed() = true?

We're using Struts 1.2.7.

Cheers,

Kevin Maeer