He, I'm using Struts 1.2.7, and it's not there. :( Too bad for me. However, I think my problem must have been solved in some way, because what I'm trying to do isn't that remarkable.

Some actions require the user to be logged in. I want to direct them to a login screen. When they successfully logged in, I want to return to where they came from. Is the only option to *redirect* to the login action and use the HTTP Referer-header to save where they came from? (Or send the returnurl as a GET-parameter to the login action)

I guess action chaining is kind of evil. Hey, it's not like there is any actual, factual documentation about struts out there waiting for me to find it? I'm having a very hard time finding any hints how to accomplish things.

Adam J Samere skrev:
1.2 does not have this behavior. You could either use a filter as I mentioned, or to stay within the struts framework either create a common base Action subclass, or subclass RequestProcessor or ActionMapping to add the desired functionality. Either way would be a trivial task. I agree with Don, action chaining is bad! :)

Don Brown wrote:
Well, first of all, action chaing is bad ;), but second, Struts 1.3 at
least, and perhaps 1.2 automatically saves the original request uri
for you.  Look in the request under the
o.a.struts.Globals.ORIGINAL_REQUEST_URI key.

Don