The problem is a little more fundamental than that :-) the onclick attribute would need to be specified as

onclick="<%="hilightButton2('"+myval+"')"%>"

or something equally ganky.

L.

Paul Benedict wrote:
myval must be a server side Java variable. Do you have this value declared and with a value? Check by printing it out onto the JSP normally, it should be there; if it is not, you have another problem.

chamal desilva wrote:
Hi,

Can we pass an expression to onclick handler of struts
html:submit tag.

value="<%=String.valueOf(ArrEmpList.get(i))%>"
styleId='<%=String.valueOf(ArrEmpList.get(i))%>'
onclick="hilightButton2('<%=myval%>');"

We tried this. But the HTML is generated as

onclick="hilightButton2('<%=myval%>');"
The value of myval variable is not printed in html.

Plz help us to solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Chamal.