Caroline,

why do you ask? I am no insider of the project, but as far as I can see
there are many activities going on: v 1.3.x (in the strain of old "Struts
Action") being developed, v2.x coming soon (the merge with WebWorks), and
Shale (the JSF variant) being developed in parallel.
For me there are perhaps too many things happening ...

If your question is whether to go on with the "old" style or switch to JSF,
I think this decision will be up to you. I think that both approach will
live side by side for the foreseeable future.

Martin