Van: Urso Wieske
Verzonden: woensdag 6 december 2006 13:44
Aan: user@struts.apache.org
Onderwerp: Struts1: Indexed Properties, BeanUtils populate, Form on
REQUEST scope

Hi folks,

I have problem with the scenario "Indexed Properties, BeanUtils and Form on
REQUEST scope".
When I select a a value from (1 or 2) from the dropdownlist and submit the
form, I get an exception from BeanUtils.populate method about some getter which
can be found!??
IF change the scope of myForm to Session in my struts configuration, then I
don't have a problem with beanutils. But I want my form on request scope!

I have described below my problem scenario.

Is there a solution to this problem?? (form on request scope)
I have looked in diffenrent aspects but I am not sure what is happening here
with BeanUtils:
- commons BeanUtil JAR version issue?
- scope (request/session) issue?
- JRE/Beanutil issue?
- program issue of in my scenario?
- array issue?

Thanks
Urso Wieske

Scenario abstraction of my problem:
1.PrepareAction/myForm --------{forward}--------> 2.viewJSP
-----{submit}-------> 3.ProcessAction/myForm

Action Mapping Configuration relevant settings:
1) myForm (MyForm class) is on request scope
3) myForm(MyForm class)  is on request scope

MyForm considerations:
I have a property "someWrappers" of type array of SomeWrapper (thus, not a List
type!)
properties:
- SomeWrapper [] getSomeWrappers() { return someWrappers;}
- void getSomeWrappers(SomeWrapper [] someWrapper) {this.someWrappers =
someWrapper;}
- SomeWrapper getSomeWrapper(int index) {return someWrappers[index];}
- void setSomeWrapper(int index, SomeWrapper someWrapper)
{this.someWrappers[index] = someWrapper;}

I have changed the name of the indexed property from plural to single noun
(someWrapper,... to bypass the JRE1.3/1.4 - JavaBeans specs - BeanUtils issue.
My Target runtime is JRE5.

viewJSP is a JSP file which has the following structure:

        <logic:notEmpty name="myForm" property="someWrappers" >
                <logic:iterate property="someWrappers" id="someWrapper" >
indexed="true">
                <logic:iterate>
        </logic:notEmpty>