Chris,

>So, you have type="java.util.ArrayList" in your form bean definition?

Yes

>Are you sure that Struts knows how to handle that?

Yes, it creates a new (empty) arraylist

>Have you tried calling yourFormBean.get("yourArrayList") and checking to
>see what it inside of it?

not sure what you mean - the action method is never called as the
RequestProcessor cant populate the DynaForm from http request parameters...

I think the solution (for DynaForm on request scope) is:
a) override the get(String,int) method (is dynamic="true" required?)
b) use LazyValidatorForm (or/with LazyDynaBean)
c) put the form on session
d) include a new mapping attribute ;) e.g.
<form-property name="items" type="java.util.ArrayList"
indexedBean="com.example.MyBean" />

thanks for your responses...I hope Urso is happy too!

Cheers,
Paul