If you want to use the Web Tools Project, you might find this useful:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/wtp.html

Basically, add a flag to tell the Maven 2 plugin to generate wtp files like so:

mvn -Dwtpversion=1.0 eclipse:eclipse

Don

On 12/15/06, Dariusz Wojtas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I also use eclipse with S2 with no problem, and 'mvn eclipse:eclipse'
works as it should.
I repeated it also today on fresh source tree.

1) define Maven repository (for referencing JAR files)
  Window --> Preferences --> Java --> Build Path --> ClassPath Variables
Define variable
  M2_REPO
with value pointing to your repository, in my case:
  c:/Documents and Settings/Darek/.m2/repository

2)
After this command, just open eclipse, menu
   File --> Import --> Existin Projects into Workspace

Root Directory: path to your Struts2 root.
Button "Browse" and you get list of Struts projects (api, core, plugins)

Works great.
I only had 1 problem, when using maven to build JAR files of struts.
By default eclipse is pointed to compile code into the same
directories as maven, and maven was somehw confused with that -
caching issues.
You may change the eclipse build path by:
  clicking on the project preferences, Java Build Path, Default Output Folder.
Just specify some other directory.
Now it seems to work.

Side note
From time to time my struts 2 compilation in maven only works if I
fetch xwork sources into the same parent dir as struts2.

Dariusz Wojtas