I don't think we need to submit two at all, just one on the RFC 3379 format (the one that works), the other one, which is the one on the textbox should be prefixed with "dojo." so S2 ignores it (that's another issue by the way).

regards
musachy

Dariusz Wojtas wrote:
Great news!
I have applied the patch for me, tested and it reads the property perfectly :)
It is now correctly initialized.
Good work. Thanks!

But some issue is still there - format of the data submitted with the form.
If I use it this way:
<s:dropdowndatetimepicker name="end"
     displayFormat="yyyy-MM-dd"
     language="pl" />

   Produced URL:
   /my.action?=2006-12-25&end=2006-12-25
then it works.

But if I change it to:
<s:dropdowndatetimepicker name="end"
     displayFormat="dd-MM-yyyy"
     language="pl" />

   Produced URL:
   /my.action?=2006-12-25&end=25-12-2006

Then it ends with a large stacktrace in the browser and logs (see WW-1577).
The display format attribute works perfectly for displaying it on the
form, but still not in the submitted form data.

Each dropdowndatepicker creates a pair of properties.
The 1st one is always unnamed and contains date in the correct format
for parsing (I think).
The 2nd format depends on the displayFormat.

Maybe the property name could be controlled in the same way as it is
done with autocompleter?
<s:dropdowndatetimepicker name="end"
     displayFormat="dd-MM-yyyy"
     language="pl" />
It could mean:
  hidden 'end' field using the standard save format - matches the
Date property in form
  displayed 'endDisplay' field using the display format - not needed
in Form, may be ignored

I know this is not something new, but if it works for autocompleter ...

Best regards
 Dariusz Wojtas