I am interested to know the ‘best’ practice for navigating through long lists.
At the moment we have implemented Struts-layout for this purpose. Our
implementation currently retrieves the full dataset and uses Struts-layout
sorting and navigation pager options to navigate through the results. However
the drawback of this approach is in performance as our application will contain
long lists.

I have read many articles and browsed many forums but haven’t yet been able to
find a ‘best practice’ or ideal approach.

Andrew