Making the getListOfBooks() method public is the way to go; then you can remove the setAttribute() stuff from your execute() method. Struts will make any public getter on your action available directly.

L.

walidito wrote:
Hi thanks a lot,
what you said about the private method is right. I don't know if it is the
best solution, but it works well when I changed the method to public, so
thanks.
However, I' gonna try your last solution to see.
regards,

cilquirm wrote:

scratch my original comment ( though the part regarding using the jstl is
still valid. )

the problem for you is that since listOfBooks is not in the valuestack
directly, you would have to reference it via the request object, like so

<s:iterator value="%{#request.listOfBooks}">

walidito wrote:
Hi everybody.
I have a problem with displaying a list of objects that I extract from a
hibernate database. I' searching for the simpler and the better way to do
it please.
I have two issues :

I am not sure about how to send it to the jsp. For the moment I am trying
this one from my action :

private List getListOfBooks() {
...  // get books from Data Access Object  classes
}

public String execute() throws Exception {
                booklist = getListOfBooks();
                this.request.setAttribute("listOfBooks", booklist);
                return SUCCESS;
        }
In my jsp, i don't know how to display it.
I tried many solutions without success among them :

<s:iterator value="%{listOfBooks}">
        <s:property value="%{author}"/>
</s:iterator>
which does not work.