We had the problem with the latest stable Struts release (I don't know
if S2 handles the issue). In our implementation, it was ok to stick to a
single converter - so we did not need a workaround. IMHO, the problem is
not Struts, but the static nature of beanutils. Maybe you can ask the
commons guys for a solution!? One possible workaround is to register
locale specific converters always before they are used - however, this
is quite ugly and should have a bad performance. Maybe you take a look
into the implementation and find another workaround.

Cheers,

Thorsten

ConvertUtils