I don't think you can do this without either a custom validator or as
Jim suggests, implementing it in the validate method of your form.

Niall

On 2/9/07, Jim Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It appears you are probably using the ValidatorForm or
ValidatorActionForm in 1.x?
Just a thought ... could you just implement the validate method in the
Action form and handle it with logic? I did some looking, and see that
you can validate two fields against each other, but I couldn't find
anywhere to do if/else logic in the validation.xml file.

Possibly the Struts cookbook may have an example, but I don't have
that book here. Maybe someone else on the list may have that.