Dear All,

Thanks very much for useful help.

Just fight with this for 24 hours and get some improvement.

I want to apology first because I am so stupid. Last evening I do a
profiling again. The OGNL is not the main bottleneck, but it is still a
problem.

My previous page loading is around 3-5 seconds. Now it is around 1-2
seconds.

First of all, when I saw Vlad's email, I copy out the template and delete
the original from struts-core.jar. It looks well (but I forget to compare
the timing, later i will do it again)

Then I rewrite the page again and enable the DEBUG in log4j to trace it.

Something what I found:
struts.configuration.xml.reload: this parameter in the properties file will
give another 0.3 second to loading time in my case (it is so bad, that I
think it should be mentioned in the document that this feature should be
disabled in production, because you know, in struts.properties of  showcase,
it is enabled.).

There is a list in my page, which includes around 800+ items, I want to show
them in a select list. Previously I get it from database by Hibernate and
directly pass it to the component, this will cause 1 second to finish
construct this select component.
       <s:select
           list="prodList"
           multiple="true"
           listKey="idkey"
           listValue="prodName"
           />
Now I loop it in the class and convert it into a Map<String, String>, then
pass the map to the select, it get around 1 second faster.

Regards,

Zheng Shuai