No - what I said was that I would be surprised if the <s:form> s2 tag DOES NOT generate a HTML <form> tag. This was in response to your comment "Also, is counter-intuitive for html users that a <s:form> actually renders a table, instead of simply render a <form> tag" - which implies that no HTML <form> tag is generated for the s2 <s:form> tag.

/Ian

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
This is crazy! Are you suggesting that maybe a FORM tag is written if you modify the templates? I would understand if you said maybe there is not a
FORM tag generated if you DO modify the templates!  Any solid framework
should be usable first and modifiable second. Is the framework usable without
writing framework code first?

Scott

On 3/10/07, Ian Roughley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have to agree with stanlick with this.

I would agree more work need to be done.
> I have abandoned in my project the more complex themes of struts and
kept
> it in the "simple" theme (with customized tag templates here and there)
> because of these "<Table>" tags coming out of nowhere.
> If you imply a deduction that a <s:form> tag implies in the presence of
an
> obsolete html table structure to a page. What if I wanted to use <div>
and
use the xhtml_css theme
>  What if I wanted to use a different table structure?

Then you have the opportunity to customize each theme to your particular
and specific need
> (two fields inside a simple <td> tag, for instance ?)
> Also, is counter-intuitive for html users that a <s:form> actually
renders
> a table, instead of simply render a <form> tag.

I haven't looked lately, but I imagine there is a <form> tag in there
somewhere, otherwise I don't see how it would work.  Even in the dojo
theme, I believe the
> As for documentation, I recommend and effort to map the relation between
> tag x freemarker template so this tag customization becomes easier
without
> having to browse the struts.view.jsp code.

Although this would be a worthwhile documentation effort, I'm not
convinced that it is that necessary.  Each of the freemarker templates
are named after the tag, and I have never had to look at the tags java
code in order to determine which template is rendered.