Thanks Ted.  Let us suppose for a moment there are no parameters passed with
the URL.  Is there an S2 pulley or chain I can tug on to bypass the
validation?  Maybe this is not a case where I should be using a S2 tag?  It
strikes me as odd that a hyperlink not related to the form would be
intercepted by the form validator.  I recently discovered the Java
annotation @SkipValidation and now wonder if there might be an attribute,
flag, switch, bit of XML, or interceptor stack I could massage to avoid this
unwanted feature.

You know, this extreme flexibility reminds me of a Dilbert I saw a few years
back illustrating the boneless chicken ranch.  Seriously, S2 seems to offer
an unbounded combination of techniques for about anything you need to do.
Granted, I think a framework should be flexible, but as I read these
threads, I am more confused about the most recent "best S2 technique" I used
yesterday!

Scott