Can you post the url that its using for 1,2,3,4 characters? You can use
FireBug for that, they should be something like

http://....../LookupOrgs.action?org=ab
http://....../LookupOrgs.action?org=abc

regards
musachy

On 4/10/07, Scott Nesbitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am using the autocompleter tag like this:

   <s:url id="autoorgs"   action="LookupOrgs"/>

         <s:autocompleter name="org"
                          id="org"
                          keyName="orgKey"
                          theme="ajax"
                          href="%{#autoorgs}"
                          cssStyle="width: 450px;"
                          dropdownHeight="170";
                          loadMinimumCount="2"
                          loadOnTextChange="true"
                          autoComplete="false"
                          showDownArrow="false"
                          searchType="substring"
                          forceValidOption="true"/>

When I type a two-char string in the text box it works
fine: six items in the dropdown.  However, when I add
another char there is nothing in the dropdown.  When I
add a fourth char I get six items again.  When I
backspace to three chars, I see six items in the
dropdown.

Using fiddler I verified the same JSON is getting sent
for both ways to get a three char string.

Is this a known bug in the autocompleter?  I am using
struts-2.0.6.

Thanks,

Scott