--- Skip Hollowell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The more I look at and play with this scenario, the
> more I am starting to thing that using the default
> XHTML theme is not the way to go.  I would be much
> better served, I think to use the simple theme,
> giving me much more control over layout and
> additional tags around my form fields.
> Is that a proper assumption, and a more
'struts2-ish'
> way of approaching things?

I feel the supplied themes are starting points--they
may work great for many cases, but as soon as you need
something different, I think you're better off either
extending an existing theme or creating your own.

If you're doing enough different things on all your
pages then using the "simple" theme might be a good
idea, but as soon as you find yourself inserting the
same chunks of markup over and over then I think you'd
be creating more work in the long run than extending
or creating.

So far I've found the "xhtml" theme to work for me
almost everything with the occasional dip in to
"simple" land, but my projects have fairly basic input
needs (except for one horribly difficult page :/

d.