Not sure why it should be getBar().  The name of the
hidden field is foo, so shouldn't that be the variable
that has the getter and setter?

Regarding passing the field as a parameter, I am not
too proud for that.  Could you post a little example
code?  I tried to do something like this:

<s:url id="autosportsteam" action="LookupSportsTeam">
   <s:param name="foo" value="23"/>
</s:url>

And that worked, but I want the value of the foo
field, not a hard-coded value.  How do I specify
another field in the param tag?

Thanks again,

Scott