Im using DWR. The problem is that the java class that the javascript
talks to does not have access to the session. What would be better would
be for the dwr javascript to talk to an action.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lance [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 13 April 2007 16:35
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: ajax and struts 2

ew... that sounds icky!
have you considered DWR, it marshalls calls from javascript to java then
marshalls the result back into javascript objects for you.

http://getahead.org/dwr/overview/dwr
on the serverside you can use WebContextFactory.get().getSession()

Mahesh Parab wrote:
> Hi David,
> u can able to read the session variable in javascript, e.g var intId
> intId='<%=session.getValue("id")%>' ;
>
> try this ,
>
> Thanks,
> mahesh.
>
> On 4/12/07, David Harland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> I am new to ajax and have just written my first ajax function. In my
>> function I am passing a user id into the function and are being
>> returned a List of Contacts to populate a select. Presently I am
>> putting the id in a hidden field in the jsp and then passing it from
>> there. What I would prefer to do is have the javascript function call

>> an action so that the Java code can access the user id from the
>> session.
>>
>> How do I do this please?
>>

>>      Don't be flakey.  Get Yahoo! Mail for Mobile and always stay
>> connected to friends.    http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail

- ------
ML {UFI}

Ufi Limited
Registered in England No.  3980770
Registered Office:  Dearing House, 1 Young Street, Sheffield, S1 4UP

learndirect Solutions Ltd
Registered in England No. 5081669
Registered Office:  Dearing House, 1 Young Street, Sheffield, S1 4UP

UFI Charitable Trust
Registered in England No.  3658378
Registered Charity No.  1081028
Registered Office:  Dearing House, 1 Young Street, Sheffield, S1 4UP