Hi Chris,

HttpClient would be an alternative to generate HTTP POST request. For info.
refer

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/

/I

On 4/17/07, Chris Pat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello
Sorry for the persistence/naivete of this, however can someone tell me if
this is possible and how?  It will be a learning experience for me and I
appreciate any insight.

Chris Pat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi Laurie
Thanks.  All I need is to send a HTTP Post request to  the php script with
the parameters that the Action received, but having done some processing in
the Action.  At this point I dont care if the client sees the results of the
php output.  I dont see how to generate something like a RequestDisptacher
from within an Action even if I just send the client to a success page at
the end.

My design problem is that I am trying to talk to a cc processor using
struts code.  Right now the only way I can send the post to the cc processor
and receive the response on the same port is with a php script.  So I
thought of splitting it up and using curl to send to the cc processor after
processing it in an Action, receiving it in the php scrip and forwarding it
to another Action for post processing.  I have to get around the fact that
the cc processor will only send back a response on the same port that the
port as the request, obviously without a nicely formatted context/servlet
syntax.  I believe this will work, if I can only get a post sent to the php
script which will be a url outside of the Struts framework.  I am sure this
massively violative MVC and probably not scalable, but I just have to get it
done.  Thanks for even the slightest insight, even if saying it is utterly
stupid, grin.

Laurie Harper  wrote: Chris Pat wrote:
> Hello
> Is it possible to have an Action that processes some data and then posts
to a url completely out of control of the framework?  I want to process and
write to a db first and then using the same parameters and any added session
variables post to a php script, initially running on localhost but
eventually on a completely different url.  Can someone help me understand
how or why not.  I really need to do it even if it is not to the
spec.  Thank you.

Post to? Sure, you can create an HTTP POST request to any URL. But I
suspect that's not quite what you mean. If you mean /forward/ to, as in
dispatch to, a PHP script, it's not so straight forward.

I seem to recall seeing mention on this list in the past of some sort of
Java-PHP bridge, which may be what you're looking for. Search the
archives (or Google) for 'Java PHP bridge' and see if that turns
anything useful up. Alternatively, re-post with clarification of exactly
what you want to achieve; maybe someone will be able to give a more
specific solution.

L.