--- Paolo Beccari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  <field-validator type="regex">
   <param name="expression">[0-9]</param>
   <message key="requirednumber"/>
        </field-validator>
    </field>
</validators>

--- "Dave Newton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If it's defined as a Long in your action then you
might not be able to run a regex on it--I would
imagine type conversion has already happened.

d.

Thank for the reply, Dave. I switched to regex because I wanted to validate a field to be a number, but in the docs I found only type="int" validation while I need a wider range. So how to validate a Long value? I'm pretty sure it's possible...

Thanks again.
P.