Just to add to this ... the documentation on the Apache website does not indicate the need to add the AJAX theme for the datetimepicker tag.
I had the same problem which required me to do some digging.

The website dox aren't always clear, nor always give you everything you need.

That's why we have the collective brain-trust on this list.

Thanks.

APenrose wrote:
Do you not need <s:head theme="ajax"/> .... or am I missing the point... ;-)

mraible wrote:
I'm trying to get <s:datepicker> to work in AppFuse. I'm using Struts
2.0.6. When I add the code below to a JSP, I get a 404 (via Firebug) for
the following files:

http://localhost:8080/struts/dojo/src/i18n/calendar/nls/en-us/gregorian.js
http://localhost:8080/struts/dojo/src/i18n/calendar/nls/en/gregorianExtras.js
http://localhost:8080/struts/dojo/src/i18n/calendar/nls/en-us/gregorianExtras.js

Here's the code for my JSP:

<%@ include file="/common/taglibs.jsp"%>

<head>
 <title>My page</title>
    <s:head/>
</head>
      <s:form>
        <s:datetimepicker  name="dddp4" type="date" />
      </s:form>

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt