Mark P Ashworth wrote:
Good Day,

Thank you for your help. I created properties that return string
representations of the date & time values and I use the jscalendar component
to select the date & times. Seems to work just grand. I have only one issue
that if the date string could parsed then it does not report the exception
even though I throw ParseException in those properties. Should I be using
validation to parse the submitted values?

Regards,
Mark P Ashworth
http://www.connext.co.za
Great! Yes, don't throw an exception in your property setter as it will just be lost. Convert it to a Date if you can. Then use the date validator to check the actual Date property. It will call any getter you name in the xml file, so point it at a Date getter, not the String. Alternately implement Validatable in your action and implement your own logic in the validate method.

Also, if you keep a reference to the String value and provide a getter for it, you can return the original (invalid) value back to the form if it fails validation (although I'm not sure that jscalendar will accept it).

This is a link how to use the Validatable interface:
http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2006/01/19/webwork-validation.html

Hope that makes sense.