Or you can write your own result, and generate the CSV file there (reusable,
clean, bla bla)

regards
musachy

On 6/19/07, Dave Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--- Skip Hollowell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Quite honesty, I couldn't make the connection, in my
> head, on how the result parameters in my .xml file
> corresponded to the action and method I am working
in.

I think the stream result is specifically to stream
the contents of an existing file, not for manually
creating the output in an action (I could be wrong;
it's been over an hour snice I was last wrong, so I'm
quite a bit overdue). If you wanted to go this route
you'd probably have to physically create the file.

> 1. I [don't] have to use the execute method,
correct?

Correct.

You can still do write directly to the response; just
return null from the action so the normal processing
breaks (stuff left out for brevity, and this is off
the top of my head):

public String csv() {
    HttpServletResponse response =
ServletActionContext.getResponse();
    out = response.getWriter();
    response.setHeader("Content-Disposition",
"attachment; filename=export.csv");
    response.setContentType("text/csv");
    out.println("Id,Date,Comment");
    for (Comment c : _comments) {