From: Viplav Kallepu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 9:23 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Struts 1.x Best Practices...

Hi,

       I am new to struts. I am using struts 1.3.8 for my project. Where
can
I found the appropriate best practices to maintain while devlopment. I
found
lot of material while browsing but wasn't able to figure out which was
the
good one.

      My doubt is I am using a bean for every oracle table. Now the
dataType
of variables set in the bean are same as the datatype as in the oracle
table. My form uses all the strings as recommended. What is the best
place
to make dataType conversions that is what making me confused. As I have
use the same beanClass for updating values in oracle and also to set
values
for form, I cant put dataType conversion code in setter methods of the
Class. If I put dataType Conversions in ActionClass.. its becoming
messy,
(which I feel is intended for business logic ).. I wish to use the  best
MVC
architecture suggested by struts team.. So can anyone please help me
figuring out this issue. Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks
Viplav