Struts: 2.0.8
Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.4
App Server: Glassfish v2 beta 2
OS: Windows XP SP2

I'm trying to add some simple AJAX functionality to my Struts 2 application.

I've copy/pasted a few snippets from the Struts 2 documentation. I've tried
several variations on this:

                <head>
                        <title>Test</title>

                        <s:head theme="ajax" debug="true"/>
                </head>

                        <h2>This is a test page</h2>

                                <s:form id="form" action="AJAXTest">
                                        <s:submit type="button" theme="ajax"
targets="div1" label="Submit
Button"/>

                                        <s:a theme="ajax">Submit form</s:a>
                                </s:form>

When I try this, I see the following in my browser:

DEBUG:  dojo.widget.Parse: error:TypeError: impl is not a constructor
DEBUG:  dojo.widget.Parse: error:TypeError: impl is not a constructor

I also see this in the Firefox JavaScript error console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Object cannot be created in this
context"  code: "9" nsresult: "0x80530009 (NS_ERROR_DOM_NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR)"
location: "http://localhost:8080/vgstats/struts/dojo/src/browser_debug.js
Line: 168"]

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I've tried to get some static web apps working with Dojo in hopes that
I could better understand the Dojo library and possibly debug this. I've
tried both the 0.4.3 and 0.9M2 releases and have had a variety of problems
with both. Also, the online demos are broken and the documentation is
exceptionally poor (grammar errors, many omissions, unprofessional writing).

Can I use any of Struts 2 AJAX features with a JavaScript library other than
Dojo? I have used Prototype/Scriptaculous in the past and it was extremely
easy. I'd also be happy with YUI or any other alternative.