On 8/4/07, mraible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> With Struts 2, how would I go about doing the following:
>
> 1. Replace the i18n resolution logic to load key/value pairs from a database
> instead of properties files?

Well, if your Action class implements TextProvider (as does
ActionSupport), then you can resolve keys any way you'd like.  As for
plugging/altering the existing lookup that is used by ActionSupport,
it really isn't possible right now, and I've love to see a patch
making that more flexible... *hint* *hint* :)

> 2. Add an extra processing step to translate wiki syntax in values to HTML?

You mean like creating your own template to customize the rendering of
the control?  If using Freemarker, there might be a nice way to write
something like the ?html piece that processes returned values.

Don