http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ognl.html

>> Tried what is given there and it was not working which was why I put in
>> the post :(

> Will what I have given below work

Does it work?

>> Nope :(
> or what shud I be doing to make it work!

I think the dot-notation will cause you problems, but
I could be wrong about that--you might be able to
coerce it somehow.

Or you could set a flag in the action or expose an
object that holds the request value.

>> Could do this but really I think having a parameter for the purpose
>> (explained below) is overkill!
> The requirement is tat I need to access it in the
jsp
> and not in the action class method.

Really? Or is the requirement that you be able to make
decisions in the JSP based on which submit button was
used?

>> My page has few sections which will be either all shown or only one shown
>> (hiding using css). Now to make all of them shown I have a "Display All
>> Sections" link at the top clicking on which I show all the sections
>> expanded. Now this is done using javascript. Now these sections contain
>> lots of form data which needs to be filled in by the user. If user does
>> not fill in all details and then submits the form by clicking the button
>> at te bottom of the page then validator will throw errors which will be
>> shown to the user, now if there are errors then the same page will be
>> shown and all the sections need to be shown expanded on reload. If
>> validation errors are present then we will not enter the action class
>> method and so the question of setting a flag based on whether or not the
>> buton was clicked does not arise as we won't anyway enter the action
>> class method. (This can maybe be overriden by modifying the interceptor
>> related to validation but really its an overkill for this!) Now te way I
>> was thinking was to determine whether the button was clicked in the jsp
>> and based on tat call a javascript function which wud set all sections to
>> expanded mode. This was why I am trying to access the request in the jsp.
>> Hope this made sense!

Arup