On 9/7/07, j alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How is the ServletContextListener suited for my purpose ? . Can you please
> elaborate a little more? . What i'm looking for is access to the properties
> files' values and flags read from DB, not able to relate how this is related
> to the listener.

> > > In Struts 1, we were having an init servlet to load the application-wide
> > > properties like dropdown values (from property files) into application
> > > context and accessing these within JSP. Is there a better way of doing
> > this in Struts 2, and do we require an initialization servlet at all ? .

The ServletContextListener is called when the ServletContext is
starting up and shutting down.  It's designed to let you do one time
configuration and initialization.  You have access to the
ServletContext so that you can put things in the Application scope.
Sorry, I thought that's what you were asking for.
  (*Chris*)