Normally, I would jump at the chance to learn something new but I am soon
leaving my current team for a different team (same company) so want to get
my current project done for my current team before I leave, so will stick
with Struts 1 because of a time crunch. Plus the other developers on the
team currently use Struts 1 so they will be able to maintain my code when I
leave.

I will defintely take a look Struts 2 if another web project comes my way
(my new team tends to do more backend server programming with Swing
frontends, usually with ActiveMQ in between).