The speed issues are much better in 2.1.  However, now when I load the page,
every autocompleter on that page is issuing a request.  Is this a bug or
have I configured something incorrectly?  I believe the default behavior for
this should be to issue a request only after three characters have been
typed.
Here's an example of how I am including an autocompleter on my page:
        <s:text name="form.label.lastName"/><br />
        <s:url id="lastNameList" action="AutocompleteField"
method="getLastNames" />
        <sx:autocompleter name="lastName" id="lastName"
cssStyle="width:132px; height:16px; border:1px solid #7B9EBD"
href="%{lastNameList}" size="22" dropdownWidth="200" dropdownHeight="150"
showDownArrow="false" autoComplete="false" loadOnTextChange="true"
searchType="startstring" />

Thanks,
Ben