If you're not going to use the built-in AJAX support in S2, you may also want to have a look at AjaxParts Taglib (APT):

http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net/javadocs/javawebparts/ajaxparts/taglib/package-summary.html

... which is a component of Java Web Parts (JWP):

http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net

The JWP example app demonstrates APT pretty thoroughly.

I know some folks use APT with S1 and like it, and it should work just as well with S2 (assuming you're using JSPs I suppose). I could see making this an S2 plug-in if there was some interest in that, I've had that thought before.

Frank

Haroon Rafique wrote:
On Yesterday at 11:25pm, VR=>Van Riper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

VR> [..snip..]
VR> VR> The best workaround that I have found is to "Just Say NO" to the built VR> in support for Dojo and instead to use Prototype judiciously. All my VR> ajax logic is done that way. I don't use the builtin ajax support in VR> s2 at all. This has worked well for the level of ajax support I need VR> in my own webapp development these days. YMMV. VR> VR> -Van VR> VR>
I'll say amen to that and second the advice.

I don't use the builtin s2 ajax support either. Instead, I use prototype for Ajax requests and use dexagogo/prototype for client-side validation.

Cheers,
--
Haroon Rafique
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>