Hi Gunnar

I wanted it to work without needing to tell it when to do its stuff.

I based my changes on the requirement for displaying success messages after a redirect.

The messages / errors only need to survive until the next request. So anything in the request I put into the session (in the after method) and in the before method, anything in the session, I remove and put into the request. Just like you say, works like a charm.

Adam