--- wild_oscar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In a form I have a parameter passed like:
>
> <s:hidden name="oldSop" value="%{sop}"/>
>
> where sop is of class I created.
>
> When I execute the action I get:
>
> "No result defined for action myAction and result
> input"
>
> Does this have to do with the fact that the variable
> is of a custom type (and not a string, int, etc)?

Not directly. Most likely it means that validation has
failed and S2 is attempting to take you back to the
form's "input" page (result).

> An affirmative answer to this question leads me to
> the second question: how does one send custom
> class variables back to the server?

Even though I didn't give an affirmative answer I'll
answer this anyway.

The only thing a browser can send back to the server
is a string. XWork's type conversion can *convert*
that string into other types: typical conversions are
built-in, yours isn't, so you'd need to create your
own type converter.

That isn't always what you want, though, in which case
you might need to put it in session.

d.