Hi,

Sorry about reposting this topic and forgetting to put a subject the first time.

Here is my issue.

Goal:
I would like to be able to select multiple fields from the drop down
box, retrieve them in my servlet, and use them elsewhere.

I have tried using html:select multiple="true" and I continue to
receive an output
that I am not expecting and I do not know what I need to fix to get what I need.

Problem:
When I retrieve the String [] in my servlet and I view its
information; what I have
is a String [] of length = 1 and of type "Ljava.lang.String",
regardless of how many
selections I make in the drop down box.

customProperties.jsp
multiple="true" size="5">
labelName="moduleProps" labelProperty="dropDown"/>

CustomData.java (Bean in use)
private String [] selectedAttributes;

public String [] getSelectedAttributes()
{ return this.selectedAttributes;}

public void setSelectedAttributes(String [] selectedAttributes)
{ this.selectedAttributes = selectedAttributes; }

CustomizeAction.java (Servlet)
CustomData cd = (CustomData)form;
String [] attr = cd.getSelectedAttributes();
out.println("Selected attributes size: " + attr.length);
out.println("Selected attributes data: " + attr[0]);

output
Selected attributes size: 1
Selected attributes data: [Ljava.lang.String;@18170f98

Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to retrieve in the servlet
the values that I selected from the drop down menu on the jsp page?
Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance for
you help.

Adrian