Isn't dereferencing the array equivalent to: attr[0]?
If it is then the data I get is not what I expect, it is
Ljava.lang.String;@57125f92. Which is the problem that I am having. My form
is defined as follows:

private String [] selectedAttributes;

public String [] getSelectedAttributes()
{ return this.selectedAttributes;}

public void setSelectedAttributes(String [] selectedAttributes)
{ this.selectedAttributes = selectedAttributes; }

Is this wrongly defined? What else can I do to retrieve the value that I am
expecting and not get the Ljava.lang.String;@57125f92 value?