Don't use ServletOutputStream within Struts2.  Use a StreamResult instead:

http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/stream-result.html

In the example provided in the above link, inputName references a property in your action that's an InputStream you need to create from your data.

InputStream getInputStream();

If you search, you'll find plenty of examples using StreamResult.

regards,
Jeromy Evans

Johnson nickel wrote:
Hi Evans, I want to display the images in browser from the database. I have added my code.It throws null pointer Exception. In my action, i have implements ServletRequestAware,ServletResponseAware interface. I want to know if ServletOutputStream is working in Struts 2.0.6 action class. Can u give a solution for this. InputStream in = rs.getBinaryStream("filedata"); response.setContentType("image/jpeg");
   response.addHeader("Content-Disposition","inline;filename=" filename);
ServletOutputStream out = response.getOutputStream(); out.flush();
int c;
while ((c = in.read()) != -1) {
out.write(c);
}