What we did was to run the native2ascii during the build/compilation time using ant. Our ant task looks something like this:

<!-- Native2Ascii Task -->
    <target name="convert_native_encodings" depends="all">
        <delete dir="${resourcesDist}"/>
        <mkdir dir="${resourcesDist}"/>
<native2ascii encoding="UTF-8" src="${resources}" dest="${resourcesDist}" >
            <include name="**/*.properties"/>
       </native2ascii>
    </target>

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Thanks Radu.

You mean all values of keys need translating using native2ascii. If yes, the
properties files will not be readable. Can you please clarify that?

Thanks again.