Thanks Dave.

In fact, my problem relate to an interceptor stack problem.
If I use the defautStack, it works.
But if I do the following it does not:

<action name="toHtml" method="toHtml"
class="com.tchegbe.demo.action.ToHtmlActions">
            <interceptor-ref name="servletConfig"/>
            <interceptor-ref name="fileUpload"/>
            <interceptor-ref name="params"/>
            <interceptor-ref name="validation"/>